Recently I presented my Presenters in Gear program on campus in Stillwater, Oklahoma to the Oklahoma State University Spears School of Business graduate students. Following are a few questions they asked after the program and my answers.
How do you combat being nervous?
- A call to action. What do you want them to do with the information you just gave them?
- A re-cap of your main points.
- The most important/critical point/data/fact supporting your presentation.
- A brief Q&A (ONLY if you facilitate a creation of questions from the audience during your presentation.)
- A multimedia tool (video, self-running slide show, etc.) that puts an exclamation point on your presentation.
- An intense passion for your content and for your audience doing something with it.
- A trust from the audience in your expertise, authenticity and likability.
- A message that is clear, specific, action-oriented, simple in nature and resolves a problem/challenge/question that is relevant and urgent to the audience.