Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Five Offspring of Authenticity
The following list contains five results from a presenter being authentic:
1. Credibility - I don't care if your area of expertise is wide or narrow, I just care that you know what you say you know.
2. Authority - Speakers are questioned all the time. Authentic speakers are questioned less often.
3. Sincerity - In the era of botox, liposuction and "cheat your way to the top," sincerity is worth more because of simple supply and demand. The demand is high and the supply is short.
4. Consistency - Humans begin appreciating consistency from birth. A child loves peek-a-boo because of the consistency of you appearing each time. Make it a habit to be yourself.
5. Energy - It is physically and mentally draining to be fake - for you and your audience. Being authentic reverses this and encourages an energetic experience.